Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Little Bit Happy...........

Hi all. Today I'm really happy. Firstly, my niece has had her first baby, a boy...........welcome little Max. Now, I am not a card maker: there never seems to be enough room or space for me on a card..........I like a bigger stage, but, I have attempted a boy card for this beautiful and very happy occasion.



Secondly, the challenge blog, Our Vintage Affair loved my little "whimsical" egg creation and awarded me a prize for it. I was thrilled, and thank you very much. Also the very fun challenge blog, 123, liked my April entry: thanks girls and thanks also to Purple Pumpkin for sponsoring.









So that's why I am a little bit happy today. As artists, sometimes I'm sure we all have doubts, and question "is what we produce worthy ?...........is it even good ?.............and is it "good enough" to be "out there" where it will be publicly judged and scrutinised. So, every now and then it's nice to get that positive affirmation from other creative souls that say,"yes", your work is worthy and does have creative value.

7 comments:

  1. Gayle !!!!! you say you are not a card maker BUT THIS IS SOOOOOO SPECTACULAR !!!!....one of the best cards I have seen ..... marvellous work .... such beautiful colours and design .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award, so well deserved! You are so talented. Cingratulations too on the new arrival , this is such a lovely card, you should sell them. My son's middle name is max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations :) your projects are all gorgeous. Love the card for the newest family member--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your boy card and everything else. Congrats to your neice on the arrival of Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that card is great! and congrats on the arrival, love the name :) and another YIPPEEE on the win!! totally know about doubting, I do that all the time, but really , you have nothing to worry about, I LOVE your work.
    hope your weekend is kind.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card.. It is wonderful.. Congrats to your family and you on the arrival of little Max. I can't wait to see some wonderful LO with his photo. And another congrats to you on your wins.. Your Art is amazing.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful happy list!! I Love that card - and congratulations to your niece!

    As always, your creations are inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.