Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy First Birthday Page Drafts


Page Drafts is turning One Year Old, and Emma Stafrace, the whizz kid behind this amazing sketch blog, invited me to the party !! 

Using the sketch above and some of my favourite mixed media, namely water colour and distress stains, I made this fun page of my daughter at a Karaoke bar.
I don't usually work from sketches, so this was a definite challenge for me to stay within the sketch boundaries, but it was so much fun and I'm looking forward to doing it a lot more.
Hop on over to the Page Drafts blog and check out the "parade"of amazing and diverse creations done by some of the other invited party guests.







Thanks for dropping by today. Hope your weekend is a fun one !

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love the bright colourscheme on this Gayle. Your daughter looked happy.
    Happy Birthday to Page DRafts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the bright embellies and textures.. such a happy feeling to this! light and full of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bright colours and great take on sketch, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow this is spectacular Gayle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page looks amazing. I love all the wonderful colors. Always love seeing what you create.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout! Perfect mix of everything and gorgeous colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful burst of colour, magical and certainly captivating. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FUN page!! awesome how it's popping with bold colours!! Love your take on the sketch!! Wonderful work Gayle! kisses

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.