Thursday, February 10, 2011

Summer Fading

We are in the last month of summer and this is the last of the hydrangeas. I took this photo a couple of weeks ago for no real reason except that I liked how pretty the flowers looked next to the candle stick:--------- Now , I am very much a novice when it comes to photography and editing and am totally intimidated by photoshop etc. So, I was interested this morning while visiting Kimmies blog where she had some very cute vintage Valentines Day cards. She had used a free Photo Effects site to add a vintage look to the cards. So, I thought I would give it a go. This is the result and I think it is nice but better still it was so quick, simple and straight forward. Go to Rollip.com...........you don't need to be afraid .

4 comments:

  1. beautiful gayle... so magical and full of mystery .... nature has a way of being perfect.. those colours are divine ....big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love what you have done, if you are nearing the end of summer we must be nearing the end of winter, can't wait. I love your hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! It's a beautiful photo and I love the vintage edit.

    Thank you for the very nice comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photograph... here in Oregon, winter is ending instead of summer... your photograph makes me dream of what is coming. roxanne

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.