Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Bohemian Whimsy for the Mixed Media Place

Hello. My project for the Mixed Media Place is a reflective view on the past, present and the future. Some people love to go and have their fortunes told; they want to know what the future holds for them. I love the idea of gypsies and fortune tellers, the romance and intrigue, crystal balls and Taro cards, the Bohemian life, and their colourful and gorgeous decorative style. But, I do not want to see into my future or dwell on my past. I want only to live in the moment.
Live In The Moment
Image source: Photographer, Sham Jolimie 

A plastic embossing folder has been pressed into wet, thick gesso (debossing ) to create surface pattern and texture.

Perfect Pearls Gold Mist and Silks Acrylic Glaze.

With strips of paper, washi tape and tissue coloured richly with Distress Stains and Silks along with the decorative metal Vintage Trinkets and a "foreboding" blackbird I tried to set the scene for the Gypsy girl.

Beautiful chipboard piece ( my absolute favourite ) from MMP coloured with Blazing Red StazOn and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold topped off with a Vintage Trinket.
A detailed list of all products used can be found HERE at Mixed Media Place.
Thanks for visiting.
May the moments in your day make you smile.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. this is a work of art Gayle, so so gorgeous, love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So vibrant and arty...love the concept and result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing page my friend. I do LOVE to stop in here to see your creations.

    Hope your enjoying your week.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have associations with some works of Dali)))
    I love it!
    )))

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is almost hypnotic Gayle ... love it especially the colors . I would love to catch up sometime when you are in Adelaide ... will message you my phone number on FB .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! I love your vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked your blog, thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.