Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mixed Media Place and paperDVIZHNIK challenge #44

Hello !! High time I posted what I've been up to creatively. A new challenge at paperDVIZHNIK and a journal page for Mixed Media Place. 
The challenge at paper DVIZHNIK is a fab one, thought up by the very lovely Sandi Taloumis
A LO, card, tag, using black and white and ONE colour......but at least FIVE shades of that colour. Oh such fun, who doesn't love working with colour !? Details are HERE.
 Done some fussy cutting...whats new....done some stamping, embossing, stencilling, texturing, watercolouring and loved every minute of putting it all together on a piece of Prima paper.
Found the Dragon Fly stamp in a discount bin. It's made by Holly Berry House Originals whom I have never heard of but love the stamp.




An Art Journal Page
This art journal page was created for Mixed Media Place and I've used several of Finnabair's beautiful stamps, her paper, stencils and inks, all available from the Mixed Media Place on line shop. ( Finn's very lovely husband Andrew will pack and ship every thing to you quick as a flash ! ) This is quite a sentimental page as it reflects my happiness and excitement at being invited to join the Mixed Media Place DT but even more than that it expresses the freedom I then felt, that I could create in my own way, in my own style, not question what I was doing and that I would be accepted. I felt sort of "liberated" from my own creative fears and doubts. I know that sounds kind of "wanky" but that acceptance has made a world of difference to how I now create and how I think about creating.



Thank you so much for coming by to visit today, I'm so happy you haven't forgotten me !
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love coming by here! You create wonderfully and freely and I love just looking to find all the details you put on your pages. Fabulous layout, love the stamping, and your art journal is stunning, love the colors! Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one is fabulous what a work on the background and lovely details!
    I love your art journal page and the great work on the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle these are simply stunning, beautiful detailed art work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Gayle! Great depth of all the shades of blue on your lo, love that dragonfly stamp. Your watercolor of yourself is just amazing and so well done! Your freedom to create what you want how you want is beautifully expressed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work. Loving all the texture and depth of colours, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. truly sensational . oozing with freedom and happiness x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.