Monday, June 16, 2014

Winter Blues

 Love these words.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be invited to a "scrappy weekend" in Mount Gambier with some absolutely lovely girls, who also happen to be amazingly creative. I was definitely "feeling good" when I created this art journal page that weekend.

Texture paste and hand drawn flowers using Tombow marker pens. I love these pens; I've had mine for years and they have not dried up and the colours are rich and vibrant.
Some gold flakes, just for fun ( actually I was trying to channel Louise Nelson who is the lady with the golden touch at the moment and who kindly gave me these gold bits to play with )

Texture, tissue and watercolour

Hand painted flowers, texture, stencilled back ground, dry embossed tag.

Here's the song and some great visual graphics based on repeat pattern and typography.


Thank you for coming by. I hope your summer or winter "blues" are only of the music variety and that where ever you are your staying warm or "being cool". 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, I love the flowers and birds and the colors certainly are vibrant and full of life... love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feelig good when I go to your blog ! great work on the background and hand drawn flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great close up of all the texture and paintwork, love the quote you have used as well Gayle! Your work as always such a trreat to view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love those colours and textures. You always amaze. Glad you enjoyed a creative weekend with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this is gorgeous! Love all the texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has a lovely freshness and a sense of the liveliness of nature. Love all the details on this! Brilliant Gayle!

    Hugs,
    Gaby <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning creation! Adore this one!! Thanks for the heads up about those markers. Will keep a look out for them :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.