Monday, May 30, 2011

Road Trip and New Challenge at Lets Get Shabby




Hi all. I have just returned home after a wonderful 9 day driving holiday in beautiful Victoria. The Autumn country side was a picture, our accommodation was elegant, quaint and luxurious, we ate and drank probably way too much delicious food and wine, did lots and lots of walking, a little bit of shopping and best of all spent time with our daughter who lives in Melbourne.


The new challenge at Lets Get Shabby, challenge #24, is to create a project based on a favourite memory or photo from your childhood.This months sponsor is Lea from Little Bits Of Pretty. 100% of sales from Little Bits Of Pretty are donated to the Westmead Childrens Hospital. You are amazing Lea!
Here is my Design Team LO. This is me. I DO remember my dress, my doll, she was called Pixie and the car but I don't remember the photo being taken at all.




I so loved this challenge that I did a second page. A lot of the embellishments on both these pages was kindly given to us by Lea from Little Bits of Pretty. What a generous soul she is who is actually "making a difference". Please visit her blog, purchase some "pretties" and help this wonderful cause.

Also up on the Lets Get Shabby blog is Olgas' tutorial on how to make these beautiful crepe paper flowers.



Thanks so much to everyone who left wonderful comments on my last post; it really does mean a lot to me. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you yet but will hop to it this week.



8 comments:

  1. WOW! The photos of your getaway look amazing. Do you mind if I ask where abouts in melbourne that was? I am looking for a destination JUST like that and was just wondering. You can email me at samnadia@hotmail.com if you like.

    Now your layouts are JUST STUNNING! WOW...LOVE the colours of the first one..the banner on it is so well placed too.The second one is equally gorgeous. The circles behind the photo are beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those pics are spectacular Gayle... brings back beautiful memories of our 100's of wonderful road trips, we have travelled all over Australia ... a spectacular country .... where did you take those photos ??? sooooooo gorgeous .. reminds me of Bright..

    now those pages are awesome Gayle ... such a beautiful energy you give to your work ....
    love and hugz.. chickie babe ... xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Gayle... those photos are STUNNING :) I love autumn colours and those pages are a-amazing.
    Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages are fantastic! Love all the little details! Very inspiring!

    Your photos are simply wonderful. I too love the autumn colours. Great shots!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing.. I am speechless.. That always happens to me when I see your pages.. I just love them. Such great layering and such great embellishment an pure joy to look at.. Your road trip looks wonderful.. Looks like some great shops..

    Hope you have a wonderful week..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a nice time away, your pictures look so beautiful and autumnal. Love your new project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post...seeing fall in all its splendor is strange from the other side of the world ;)

    We are headed into green and lush summer

    Thank you for sharing the beautiful place you live in and your special creativity...very special!
    oxo
    Happy June to you and yours Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels so strange to see autumn where you are! We are completely in the throes of spring!!

    The doll in the photo looks so familiar!!! I wonder if I had one too!?! Such a sweet layout .... Cute cute pictures and all of the elements you used are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.