Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012...........

Ok, 3 days into 2012 ( for some reason 2012 rolls off the tongue so much better than 2011 ) and time for a new years post. I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with family and friends and a relaxing holiday. 
My daughter got "crafty" this year ( I always knew she had it in her ) and this is how she wrapped her Christmas gifts.....loved it. She taught herself to crochet off YouTube, now she can teach me ! 

I thought I would challenge myself with some photography this year, so; am attempting "a photo a day" using the prompts created by Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim

So,three days in and 3 photos. #1,moir with the wrinkly bits removed, (sadly, most of my face ha ) #2 most mornings, and finally #3, so many things, but can't do without this and had a little fun with my iphone.
Day #1


me
Day #2

breakfast
Day #3

something you adore

A great big thank you to all of you lovely people who who take the time to leave me comments............I love reading them !!


8 comments:

  1. beautiful post Gayle .... love the idea of a photo a day ... may join in MMMMMMMMM !!!! STILL LOOKING After Baden he is struggling .. 6 weeks lying on his back day and night, is sooooooo tiring he has 2 weeks to go and then he can roll over .. poor darling he has been so patient through all of this.. his hip is fine and gradually improving ... but still side effects from the drugs ... almost over though .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year Gayle, wishing you a very happy creative year in 2012.
    Love the crochet wrapping on the presents, always wanted to learn how to....it looks very hard. love Adriana XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the prompt idea for a photo a day. Sometimes its pressure to decide and that kind of takes it off, good going!
    I love that packaging idea!! what a great gift. You can know use that as a coaster and be reminded often of your talented daughter!!
    Have a wonderful day {I saw you post over at Art in Red Wagons and thought I would pop in}
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely live your shots, I am doing this challenge too but on instagram, are you on that? Happy new year to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful crochet wrapping, Gayle. Great idea!!!
    Best wishes for a super 2012 - with lots of creativity, good health and joy!

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great achievement for your daughter, she must be on cloud nine, as she should be. I'm thinking maybe that photo a day would help jump start me into initiating my art journal...have to start somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A New year my sweet friend. I am really looking forward to seeing all your wonderful creations. And LOTS OF PHOTOS right!!! I love the photo of you. Looks fab!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Gayle! And that's a fun list! I look forward to more of your photo artistry :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.