Thursday, February 23, 2012

Color..Stories..Inspiration..#7


I have joined in at CSI this week. Apart from using ALL of the 5 colours, there were also a number of other elements that had to be used:
metals, stripes, combination of straight lines and organic shapes.
There were a number of different ways you could journal as well. I went with 3,2,1.
3. most important things
2. questions
1. word to sum up the story
2010 was not a great year for my daughter. At times she was completely OTT ( "Over the Top" )She made some bad decisions that year, but also learnt a lot. 






Evidence of straight lines and organic ( curved )shapes.

Evidence of metal and stripes.



I'm not very good at keeping track of the products I use and more often than not they are things I have had for a while and are no longer in a packet, or the paper has had it's brand cut off, but, for what it's worth these are some of the things I used here. The background was done using Distress Ink 'worn lipstick' and 'shabby shutters' and a stamp from Paper Inspirations. The chipboard is Imaginarium Tinies, Delish flocked letter stickers, Kaisercraft Rubons and Collectables, flowers are a mixture of Prima and Kaisercraft and I think the paper is Flocked Dot from Making Memories.

7 comments:

  1. I sooo love the way you used the elements to make what appear to be Marie Antoinette style hairpieces .... That truly is OTT ... wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with this piece on many levels Gayle...you had quite a few guidelines to work within AND you were able to list ingredients too

    I enjoy the detail and texture of what you create SO very much and it is so personal too!

    Brava!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.. oh how creative.. all the metal and curves and gorgeous details to this layout.. i do hope your DD has a much better year this year... this layout will be a beautiful memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow truly stunning Gayle love the textures:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I get excited when I see your post because I just know there is going to be something gorgeous here. You page is fabulous my friend.. Love all your layers and textures..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the look of the pic within your creations! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOHOO! How awesome to finally be on a DT together with you! am so looking forward to being team mates over at Meg's Garden. So in awe of the line up of Meg's new DT, goodness what talent represented! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.