Monday, March 5, 2012

Summers End.........and a thank you.

This summer we have enjoyed some of the best tomatoes, chillies and peaches from our garden, but sadly they have just about finished. But that's ok. because Autumn is here, my favourite season. Bring on damp evenings, golden and scarlet leaves, and naked trees.




Thank you Maggie. A Liebster Blog Award came my way via. Maggie Armstrong from New Zealand
I know bloggers are divided on the subject of award giving and accepting.............
To be honest, I was surprised and delighted; who doesn't like to receive a compliment ? And as my nanna used to say," compliments must always be readily accepted, but always with the right balance of pride, grace, and humility." So I am gratefully accepting and paying it forward.
 The idea behind the award is to spread the love, interest and knowledge from one small blog ( under 200 followers ) to other small blogs.
To accept the award you must;
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you & thank them.
2.Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 people ( blogs less than 200 followers ) that you enjoy visiting and who inspire you.
4. Leave a comment for these people to let them know how much you appreciate them.
I think these 5 people are amazing, for different reasons, but I love visiting their blogs and I find them inspirational.


11 comments:

  1. Oooh you beautiful thing you!!!!!!! thank you so very very much!!!!!!! the feeling is so very mutual!!!!!!!

    Much {X} Lou xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Thak you!! I don't have time now but I'm very gratefull for all your coments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these look so good and lots of congratulations on your award, so well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award Gayle! You certainly deserve it - your work is awesome - I recognised that immediately on your very first submission to OUAS - that's the first layout I ever saw of yours and I still remember it - of your daughter and a boy - and that's when I visited your blog and was awestruck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the Leibster, Great photos of the tail end of your bounty. Seems funny to be reading about your fall, when we are under more than 12 inches of snow in the last 2 days and falling heavier now. Looks gorgeous, but I am ready for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such yummy photos my friend. Enjoy your favorite time of year.. I also love Fall.. But it's spring is on its way, which I love the spring but then comes summer and YIKES.. To hot here and not looking forward to that. Congrats my friend on your Leibster award.. Well deserved..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I found you on Kimmie's blog. Your fruit looks really yummy. Autumn is my favourite season too:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what yummy pics! Tks. for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine autumn just right around the corner ... we have spring on the calendar :) ... yay!!!
    your peaches and tomatoes look wonderful!
    Happy Liebster too! you are a real Liebe :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gayle you have made my day and THANK YOU so much for the blog award! I totally and inspired everytime I visit here so thank you for that too! I will get on to this hopefully this week! Love your pics and I love Autumn too...so much easier to enjoy the weather more here in Central Qld in Autumn than Summer! Take care :)))xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh THANK YOU for the Liebster Gayle!! how wonderful and sweet and kind of you!! You already know how you bowl me over each single time I come for a peek, you really are not only a very very special and talented artist but an amazing person!! You are heading into autumn over there and we are starting to see the first signs of spring. This morning I actually saw how the tulips are up about 10 cm outside our office. I'm not an autumn or winter person, I love the light that comes in spring and summer but I do think your fruit looks positively yummie! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.