Monday, February 4, 2013

Zeus and Zoe February Challenge


It was my turn to present the monthly challenge at Zeus and Zoe, and seeing as my birthday falls on Valentines Day, I thought I would choose the theme of "LOVE". Not very original I know, but it can be "love" of any thing from chocolate to shoes, to siblings, to granparents. Get all the details on how to play along HERE.
In my Zeus and Zoe kit from Marivic's Etsy Store was this chipboard house, begging to be decorated, so it became my little "love shack". I think all love begins at home. Home is where the heart is, and home is where everyone should feel safe and loved.

I base painted the whole house in a tinted green gesso. Added different papers to some walls and cut up a very old piece of 'playing card' paper for the roof. Made some little banners with washi tape and tooth picks, added some flowers, resin embellishments and chipboard.
I've included photos of family members peeking out of windows and also the  eyes of my much loved doll I've had forever.







Thanks so much for dropping by; have a happy and creative week.
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Gayle, love your funky love shack... awesome details.....see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent work! this looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love that look Alice in Wonderland which Gayle Prices's touch.
    Congratulations from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this, so full of clever details, Fascinating art work. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayle,

    This is breath-taking! I love it!! Just beautiful!! Thank you so much for an amazing job!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow with a capital W !!!!!! WOW !!!!!! love this Gayle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one talented lady.. Your house of LOVE looks amazing. I LOVE the faces looking out the windows. What a great idea. I have a bird house I have been working on for forever. You have given me some pretty good ideas here.. Thanks so much for all your inspiration.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME!!!! I'm almost lost for words. Serious Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! this is so marvelous! your attention to detail and meticulous finishing is amazing! fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is for sure my absolute favourite of yours of all time Gayle - so amazing - if I had received that house in the mail I would have not known where to begin yet you have created a masterpiece. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gaaawd Gayle this is spectacular! just look at all the work you have put into creating this amazing amazing house!! you sure are one fantastic artist!! love love love checking out all the fab details! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.