Wednesday, January 14, 2015

paperDVIZHNIK.......New Challenge

Hello again. I say 'again' because I'm back here with another post; two in one week! I know that's pretty normal for most people but not for my 'sleepy' little blog that just happily plods along at a slow and steady pace. Anyway I'm excited to share the next challenge at paperDVIZHNIK.
This month, it's a sketch. I guiltily have to confess that I'm not usually 'into' sketches; I tend to just do my own thing, BUT, when a sketch is simple and allows a lot of scope for interpretation, it makes the BEST starting point.
I think I must still be in New Year, festive mode because my page is all pearls and sparkle.
Layers of texture paste, gauze, more texture paste, water colour, Inka Gold, Foil Flakes, pearls and sequins.
Of course, I can't do anything without fussy cut flowers and tissue.
If you would like to join our 'sketch' challenge the details are HERE at paperDVIZHNIK.

I would like to say I hope your new year has gotten off to a bright and sparkly beginning: but sadly the events in Paris this past week have thrown a dark and evil veil over the beginning of 2015. 
Sadly Paris, and indeed all of our beautiful world, has again been smeared with extreme hatred and intolerance.
Freedom of speech ? Of course !
The right to offend race or religion ? No !
Nothing positive EVER comes out of insults. 
 Just my view.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. so beautiful, love the touches of gold and silver on the side, with pearls, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, really love the pearls and sequins and flower hair.. so creative and so free.. one of the good things about expression!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Truly amazing my friend. I am LOVING this page. Those bright colors have me smiling.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page with gorgeous colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous page Gayle. I just love all the textures, pearls, sequins and gold leaf flakes. Unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Looks incredible!!! Definitely trendy with all those sparkles! Still never heard from Paperdhviznik about my GD sadly...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.